PDA

View Full Version : How to make bong smoke better?

Schmokey
04-02-2009, 08:34 AM
i have a small cheap acrylic bong at home which i use to smoke. The only problem is that Ive had it for a while and the smoke tastes really harsh which makes me cough alot. I was wondering if you guys had any tips on making the smoke and smoother or nicer. Thanks alot for ur help guys :)

GrowItBig
04-02-2009, 08:37 AM
try adding ice. or more ice.

Norm
04-02-2009, 08:41 AM
sounds like you need to give that bong a good cleaning. just some rubbing alcohol and sea salt and shake your bong real good. also try using cold water and change your water after a couple uses. If you have an ice catcher that'll help to. Anything that'll cool the smoke will be less harsh and always use a little less weed if its hits home hard. Just a couple quick snaps will do you just as good as smoking a full bowl.

yummy_brownies
04-02-2009, 09:11 AM
It sounds like you really need to clean it. My mate has a bong like yours, its about 35cm's tall and acrylic. We were smoking it one night and it was really hot and harsh. We gave it a proper good cleaning.. changed the water, and we put about 3 ice-cubes down the tube. After, it was amazing!

DrugCzar
04-02-2009, 11:13 AM
cleaning fresh cold water and ice cubes will help :banana_rasta:

Smile
04-02-2009, 11:32 AM
what they said.^

AletaSmokes
04-02-2009, 02:46 PM
yeah, pretty much.

what's the best bong water substitute you've found?
like people use milk and shit, idk..i've never done it.
would it be worth it to change out my water for something else?

widow253
04-02-2009, 02:49 PM
yeah, pretty much.

A friend of mine used Vitamin water, the XXX one. I'm not a big fan of doing that tho, I think water suites a bong perfectly. :bongtoke:

AletaSmokes
04-02-2009, 02:51 PM
A friend of mine used Vitamin water, the XXX one. I'm not a big fan of doing that tho, I think water suites a bong perfectly. :bongtoke:

yeah, i experimented with vanilla extract and peppermint extract, which was a TERRIBLE idea.
the peppermint burned like a menthol motherfucker,
and the vanilla was barely distinguishable.

yeah, why fix what isn't broken.
h2o it is.

howardhughes
04-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Water works but if you add a little milk to the water, it will make the smoke a little bit smoother and less irritating on your throat

i used to do it in my hookah pipe and it did indeed make a difference, never tried with a bong though

worth a shot

AletaSmokes
04-02-2009, 02:55 PM
my friends put beer in their hookah once.
i think one barfed?

but ill definitely try some milk :]

Dr. Dope
04-02-2009, 03:06 PM
yeah, pretty much.

I used a non-alcoholic beer. Failed my friend puked when inhaling foam with his hit lmao.
Fruit juices work well, the ones from concentrate. I've tried apple, peach, fruit punch and maybe a couple others.
I'd avoid soda/pop, alcohol, and I don't know about coffee.. i don't drink it so i wouldn't bong it.

Be sure to rinse the bong out really well after too so it doesn't get sticky and funky from the sugars and shit.

oh and about the milk, make sure it has a low fat content cause it may absorb some thc.

bombOGkush
04-02-2009, 03:07 PM
put your bong in the fridge or freezer for a little bit...like 20 minutes, then smoke from it.
They sell this liquid which u put in your bong water and it makes it taste like the flavor you got. They sell them at headshops, might wanna go in and ask. I wanna try the blueberry one.

AletaSmokes
04-02-2009, 03:07 PM
juice is a really good idea, i didn't even think about that.
why from concentrate though? just a higher sugar content for better bong flavor?

widow253
04-02-2009, 03:10 PM
I'll throw my 2 cents in.

I like to be able to taste my weed. I don't want some additives to make it taste "better" There's so many different flavors in weed why try to cover them up with something else.

AletaSmokes
04-02-2009, 03:13 PM
put your bong in the fridge or freezer for a little bit...like 20 minutes, then smoke from it.
They sell this liquid which u put in your bong water and it makes it taste like the flavor you got. They sell them at headshops, might wanna go in and ask. I wanna try the blueberry one.

thats cool as hell, i've never heard of anything like that.
ill definitely look for it now.

Dr. Dope
04-02-2009, 03:16 PM
I'll throw my 2 cents in.

I like to be able to taste my weed. I don't want some additives to make it taste "better" There's so many different flavors in weed why try to cover them up with something else.

yah i rarely use any flavoring.

juice is a really good idea, i didn't even think about that.
why from concentrate though? just a higher sugar content for better bong flavor?
The concentrate is cheaper and you can fool around with your water to juice ratios to get a better tasting concoction. Its been like 4-5 years since I did this and the taste wasn't overwhelming or anything but it did have some flavor.
I tried to put pine apple slices in my bong and get some flavor that way (they stop @ the ice notches) it was a fail as well.

AletaSmokes
04-02-2009, 03:19 PM
ok, well what about colored smoke?
could you use food coloring?

haha these are all off the top of my head,
i apologize for any assumed stupidity.

Dr. Dope
04-02-2009, 04:03 PM
ok, well what about colored smoke?
could you use food coloring?

haha these are all off the top of my head,
i apologize for any assumed stupidity.
Nah the food coloring wouldn't work on the smoke. It'd just change your water color, which in a clear bong might look real cool.

Hisdudeness300
04-02-2009, 04:06 PM
+1 on cleaning, and you could always add an ash catcher for extra smoothness

Rye
04-02-2009, 04:13 PM
i read the first 2 posts.. clean ur bong and use warm water when you're smoking.

bombOGkush
04-03-2009, 03:15 AM
i read the first 2 posts.. clean ur bong and use warm water when you're smoking.

I hate smoking with warm water, smoking with nice cool water is best IMO, smoother hits.

Bizzle
04-03-2009, 08:10 AM
this would work for an acrylic like his, but if someone did this with a glass piece, im pretty sure it has a higher risk of cracking/breaking when you touch the lighter to the glass

7up
04-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Ice ice baby!

take a few matches and make a support at the base of the funnel (tube bit) then put ice chunks going up the funnel makes the smoke real cool! or just crumble bit into the water still works kinda

The Mad Hatter
04-04-2009, 02:36 AM
The fundamental problem here is probably the bong. Clean it regularly - especially the bowl and downstem and change the water after a bowl or two. That's probably all you can do. I don't think ice or water temperature make a huge difference as long as it's cooler than room temp, but you could try changing that up too.

Rye
04-04-2009, 02:00 PM
I hate smoking with warm water, smoking with nice cool water is best IMO, smoother hits.

warm water is smoother, i swear to it

i can take way bigger rips with warm-luke warm water.

Bongwater518
04-04-2009, 02:23 PM
cleaning and ice do help like everyone said but if you get something like glass pebbles and put them in you bong where the stem hits the water it will diffuse the smoke and make the smoke better. i have tired many substitutes for bong water and the only thing i enjoyed other than water was this mango juice. also don't try milk because it will just fill your bong with bubbles and make a huge mess lol.

massacre133
04-04-2009, 02:28 PM
just wash it out good and always make sure to change your bong water.. i change mine like every session..