PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana Smoke Myth: Red Eyes

Welchie420
04-07-2009, 11:04 PM
So I have heard from a few people that if you smoke outside then you won't get red eyes, from experience I think it might just be bull, but honestly i wouldn't remember if my eyes get red outside. Does anyone have any input, or factual info about this? just curious.

PLG
04-07-2009, 11:06 PM
In my experience, this is not true...

tfox
04-07-2009, 11:08 PM
dude, you always get the red eye syndrome. being outside probably helps, but it's still noticeable. it's kind of hard to tell if someone is high if they're not super retarded about it. as long as you're not bringing up weed in conversations and being all super forgetful and stupid then nobody is going to just be like ARE YOU HIGH! also make sure you don't smell. take your shirt off if you're going to blaze and don't want people to know. and don't get too fucked up.

firekushsupply
04-07-2009, 11:08 PM
some people say its smoke so if you go out it wont happen but its not true cuz i can hotbox and my eyes wont get red at all

bombOGkush
04-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Clear eyes FTW!
Put some on before your about to smoke and your eyes wont get red. It a cool trick that works.

STRAT420
04-08-2009, 03:31 PM
this iv tested.

for some reason if your driving and your smoking at the same time, your eyes wont get red. we did this with a couple ppl and for some reason none of there eyes got red (only the driver) but idk maybe not for eerybody

yummy_brownies
04-08-2009, 03:35 PM
I get red eyes no matter what. :stoner:

hippie-dish
04-08-2009, 03:36 PM
I find my eyes never get red, I find the only reason they do get red is if I cough my lungs out like a pussy, and its generally irritation from coughing that causes it for me.

Ummmm yeah other then that the only syndrome I suffer is dry eyes. That shit sucksss its like cotton mouth on your eyes.

Dr. Dope
04-08-2009, 03:37 PM
I rarely get red eyes anymore. Red eyes aren't even a valid determining sign of being high. You could get sand in your eyes, water, you could be tired, you could of cried, you could of walked into a fucking wall. If anyone says 'you're high look at your eyes' you don't even need to deny being high, just say you had didn't sleep much the night before or whatever. (they use to do this in high school "look at your eyes you're high wheres the weed?")

Also, clear eyes and visine and shit are not good for your tear ducts, don't over use it or your tear ducts could stop properly producing natural moisture (and t ears) for your eyes

hippie-dish
04-08-2009, 03:48 PM
True, I never used visine ever , I think I tried once when i was high and got it on my cheeks instead... but yeah it does stop you from producing the natural moisture in your eyes, hella bad for you.

Bongwater518
04-08-2009, 03:55 PM
most of the time the reason you get red eyes is because you either are coughing up a lung and the blood vessels burst in your eyes, or you are dehydrated. if you keep drinking water you can prevent this to some point but if you are smoking a ton of weed at once your eyes will probably turn red. even using eyes drops too often can make your eyes red.

PLG
04-08-2009, 04:01 PM
I don't care if my eyes are red, I am just like- my contacts are bothering me and I have been rubbing my eyes

Blueberry101
04-08-2009, 05:20 PM
I dont really get red eyes if anything the bottom part of my eyes get a little red my prob is always keeping my eyes open and not like azn.

howardhughes
04-08-2009, 05:22 PM
i heard thc opens up the blood vessels which causes the red eyes

all i know is that my eyes get REALLY red after just one or two joints, its redonkulous

SeaWeeded
04-09-2009, 07:07 PM
smoking gives me red eyes but vaping does not:bongtoke:

Meelase
04-09-2009, 07:13 PM
my eyes get boodshot everytime

TwoTokes
04-09-2009, 07:33 PM
pfft i like ppl to know im flying high. being in public while u are high is the shit.

MidnightPolicy
04-09-2009, 08:53 PM
For me at least, it depends on the type of Bud and how much I have to ingest in order to get high.

I haven't really had red eyes in a while because I prep my smokes with a dash of Clear Eyes to the optical organ ;)

it works like a charm and for some reason not having that dry feeling makes me more awake when high.

Triple Perc
04-09-2009, 09:19 PM
you will always get red eyes because your blood pressure rises.
you should research the drugs that you do. always.

TwisT
04-09-2009, 10:41 PM
i rarely ever get red eyes. unless im retarted high.:gethigh:

Sensimilla
04-09-2009, 10:48 PM
My eyes don't always get red. Sometimes it depends on how hydrated I am or the strength of the herb or if I am drinking with it, all important factors. Usually I just get some droopy lids if I eat or smoke a lot of weed. Most people can't tell I am even stoned when I smoke. I always have the same chill personality and weed doesn't make me talk all retarded. If weed did that to me it wouldn't be an effective medicine for me. I can't teach acting like a goof!

TwisT
04-09-2009, 10:51 PM
you teach toked? +rep

CaliKush
04-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Clear eyes FTW!
Put some on before your about to smoke and your eyes wont get red. It a cool trick that works.

haha this is true, throw on some eye drops before you smoke and your set :bongtoke:

Big Bacon
04-10-2009, 12:26 AM
i smoke outside and i get red eye, whenever im high i think i have red eye bbut some people say i dont so unno maybe im just paraniod?

Ultra
04-10-2009, 12:42 AM
If the mortal can keep his eyes on the leprechaun without being distracted, ...
In Irish mythology, a leprechaun (Irish: leipreachán) is a type of male faerie
said ... it was generally agreed that the leprechaun wore red and not green. ...

TwisT
04-10-2009, 02:21 AM
orly now .

DrugCzar
04-10-2009, 09:34 AM
I find my eyes never get red, I find the only reason they do get red is if I cough my lungs out like a pussy, and its generally irritation from coughing that causes it for me.

Ummmm yeah other then that the only syndrome I suffer is dry eyes. That shit sucksss its like cotton mouth on your eyes.

hey i found a misconception

just because someone coughs up a lung does not make that person a pussy. i know people who smoke WAY more thanthe half of u on WF claim you smoke and these are big 6'5 300 lb monsterly beasts that cough there lungs up. sometimes people have days where they cough because there throats are raw due to harsh smoke and no relief, you really cant say that people who cough are pussies. i cough sometimes. i know im not a pussy lol. :rockon:

TwisT
04-10-2009, 11:08 AM
your not a stoner if you havnt coughed. get some dank and try to zero it. UL COUGH

Kottonmouth
04-10-2009, 11:09 AM
hot boxing is more likely gonna make your eyes red obviously.

but besides the smoke factor thats all i can think of.

TwisT
04-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Well i guess it would depend on how much smoke hit your eyes? Because i almost never get red eyes unless i get smoke in the eye.

Izul
04-10-2009, 11:16 AM
i heard thc opens up the blood vessels which causes the red eyes

Cannabis widens blood vessels (vasodilation). The eyes contain blood vessels which widen when you are stoned.. hence the blood within the vessels is more visible against the white of the eye causing red-eye. :banana_rasta:

STRAT420
04-10-2009, 11:16 AM
hey i found a misconception

just because someone coughs up a lung does not make that person a pussy. i know people who smoke WAY more thanthe half of u on WF claim you smoke and these are big 6'5 300 lb monsterly beasts that cough there lungs up. sometimes people have days where they cough because there throats are raw due to harsh smoke and no relief, you really cant say that people who cough are pussies. i cough sometimes. i know im not a pussy lol. :rockon:
pussy

:lick:

Povlovich
04-10-2009, 11:18 AM
True, I never used visine ever , I think I tried once when i was high and got it on my cheeks instead... but yeah it does stop you from producing the natural moisture in your eyes, hella bad for you.
not really. Just don't put fuckin 3 drops in each eye like some people do. if you put a drop in each eye once in a while its not gonna do shit

DrugCzar
04-10-2009, 11:58 AM
pussy

:lick:

whore!:laugh:

CannabisClub
04-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Alright, so with the original post, smoking outside does not prevent red eye. You get red eyes because THC is a dilator. It dilates the blood vessels allowing more blood flow and thus red eyes appear. White is a colour in which even the smallest amount of redness is visible. The outer layer of the eye is extremely thin and has thousands of blood vessels feeding it (because of the advanced function of our eyes)

dkenney39
04-29-2009, 10:02 PM
i do most of my smoking outside and i usually get red eyes.

Matt101905
04-30-2009, 12:45 AM
I never get red eyes. The only times I would get red eye is if hotboxin and the smoke dryed out my contacts and that irratates me eyes. other than that, I good.

NeverMore
04-30-2009, 12:56 AM
I hardly get red eyes, it's pretty useful because I suck at putting in eyedrops, I can't physically put things into my eyes, it's weird.