PDA

View Full Version : A report on drug dogs and how to conceal your marijuana.

Sensimilla
05-11-2008, 06:59 PM
This was posted on anouther form for mmj patients. Since I know there are others on this forum who either have or in the process of a mmj recommendation I thought I'd share.

I found this very interesting. I do know that a dog's nose is super sensative to smell so I believe that the accuracy of this report to be very valid in terms of how to conceal it.

Concealment Tips Written By A Government Trained Ex Drug & Dog Handler

An OnlinePot News Report Exclusive!
Concealment Tips Written By A
Government Trained Ex Drug & Dog Handler

http://www.onlinepot.org/legal/trainertips.htm

I'll give you a bit of background first ok. I trained and worked explosives and firearms detection dogs in a certain Countries Army for 6 years, I had a lot to do with people who also trained and worked drugs detection dogs , i.e. police, airport customs and correctional officers just to name a few. There is absolutely no difference between how Explosives detection dogs and drugs dogs work and find there respective articles.

I also spent 6 months in the UK working at and learning the principles of the worlds premier dog training facility run by the Brit army.

So here's what i can tell you that may help you not get busted . The major fault if you are stashing your weed in say a 30 liter air tight drum is contamination of the outside of the container, :i.e. what is on your hands will stick to what you touch , this reside is enough to leave a residual scent that any half trained mutt will find . So i suggest when handling and putting weed into drum (or whatever container) wear gloves and don't touch the outside of said drum until a fresh set of gloves have been put on .

Also plastic like said drum is still slightly porous and will release small amounts of odor , temperature type will have a direct bearing on how much scent is released as well. How to over come this you ask ??? When i was training in the UK, DERA (Defense Evaluation and Research Agency) had completed a study on what type of materials were best suited to contain scent , this was due to the fact that their training aids for Explosive detection dogs and drugs dogs were cross contaminating each other , you see they were separately contained but stored in the same armory/safe. What they found to be a 100% scent containable material was cellophane type plastic , you know like the colored type you can buy to wrap presents in ? So i suggest wrapping your weed in this before placing (whilst wearing clean gloves ) in you container.

Here's another big No-No for you , you may think that placing pepper or coffee beans with your merchandise will "trick" the k9 ???? Be warned , most dogs will pay interest to anything that is unusual to the environment it is searching , this usually wont be an indication just a slight change of body language by the dog , but any half-assed handler will pick up on it and mark it down as a point of interest to be searched by the hand search nazis at a later date.

Also here's a commonsense scenario , smaller amounts will be harder for the dog to detect (although some services train dogs to find almost zip) so when transporting your weed break it down into smaller hides and if possible move it on separate vehicles or in more than one post pack/suitcase , this also lessens the penalties if you get caught with only 1 small parcel out of 6 instead of 1 big one.

Here's another good point , most dog's trained to find drugs/explosives can only work to a height of 1.2 meters , this doesn't mean they cant find anything above this height , they can , cause scent is heavier than air and will fall , but it diminishes the chance of the dog getting a find if hidden high.

Also burying can be a good idea , but you got to go deep , I have seen a dog find a floor safe that had been empty for months , why did the dog find it ? The air void was un-natural to the area !!!! I found the hardest soil type for a dog to find any scent under is sand , this is due to the graduals compacting and locking together when you fill the hole back in , think of it this way , if you have no air pockets in the soil then how is the scent going to get out ? Wet sand makes it even harder for the dogs to find their kit.

very interesting rattdogg. i had a lab (dog) that would have been good as a drug or bomb dog-amazing nose.
do they use dogs to smell people like in airports, or only baggage?

No they most definitely have dogs that search people at British Airports for drugs( and I'm sure a lot of other countries use them), i was over there in 99 training with them at Birmingham airport, they used my self and the other dog trainer as mules, I had 1/2 a kg of of pure coke and he had 1/2 kg of heroin, we had to mingle with the punters as they debarked the plane, the dogs were 100% spot on , these dogs were 2/3 of the way through their training.
They also told us they used to train the dogs on Weed and all it's variants but they found that the dogs were that accurate that they would indicate to people who had smoked up to 2 days beforehand, apparently the body sweats out enough THC for some dogs to pickup on it, so marijuana ended up not being a priority drug to train on, things may have changed in the meantime.

Another interesting story is that Around 1998 New South Wales Police Force in Australia took on a contract from The Us ATF( alcohol, tobacco and firearms), this was to supply X amount of Explosives detection dogs and send enough potential police officers over to be trained as handlers, this was all geared up for the 2000 Olympic games, part of the contract was that the NSW police were not to deviate in any way shape or form from the training package provided by the ATF. After the Olympics the police were left with and abnormally large number of dogs/handlers and just didn't have the justification to to keep them on the payroll, the solution was to retrain the dogs on the scent of drugs instead, which would of been quite easy as these dogs were worked on lead as explosives detection dogs anyway, so now the NSW police use these dogs to harass party goers at Night Club venues in Sydney, no big busts just enough to hurt the little consumers, assholes................

Smile
05-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Wow nice guide rep++

toe_king
05-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Can dogs smell seeds?

Sensimilla
05-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Thats a good question and my guess would lean towards yes only because since they were in direct contact with all the other plant matter they would have had the scent rubbed all over them. I doubt many people selling seeds clean them. I would suggest packaging them in a similar way to the report above.

toe_king
05-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Niiiiiice.

Tsun
05-11-2008, 07:40 PM
A mod needs to sticky this in the Questions/Guides/FAQ forum. Its good, and I'm gonna be using it.

np1415
05-11-2008, 07:43 PM
i liek the sand idea

+rep

mkt3232
05-11-2008, 08:53 PM
+rep nice guide

Moth
05-11-2008, 10:00 PM
*Thread moved*

Awesome guide sinse, great stuff man!

thepurps
05-30-2008, 06:36 PM
i was told wrapping the bud in cellophane wrap and then covering the cellophane in vasiline and then wrapping it again in cellophane worked perfectly

Matt101905
06-20-2008, 12:24 AM
+rep man! Thank you for the great article!

Psychedelic
06-20-2008, 12:51 AM
Good read.

moulda
06-24-2008, 09:29 AM
nice work mate

PoppinCone
08-22-2008, 12:26 PM
doesnt coke mess up dog's noses?

brokentrip
08-22-2008, 12:27 PM
nice guide definitely something of interest

CHRONZILLA
01-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Anyone know of any fool proof ways to smuggle weed through the United States(just enough to get me high once or twice on my vacation in Florida) if not it would help if someone knew where i could find some chronic weed in the Orlando Florida area.

Dr. Dope
01-19-2009, 08:29 PM
condom swallow and shit it out

rocketfire
01-19-2009, 08:40 PM
I wish I knew about this stuff before hand.

mashuganuhkush
01-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Wow Bro. thats all i have to say.I went on a cruise once with my Cuz, we had like an eigth and we split into two and double wrapped it in cellophane then burned the edges and just put it in our stash pockets in our pants.

rxv
01-30-2009, 07:28 PM
Can dogs smell seeds?
The seeds do not put off any smell but the smell will rub off onto them.

QuestionBerry
01-30-2009, 07:47 PM
someone should answer "thepurps" question. "i was told wrapping the bud in cellophane wrap and then covering the cellophane in vasiline and then wrapping it again in cellophane worked perfectly"

Also. Can dogs smell when weed is cooked into food?

hungryhappysleepy
01-31-2009, 01:20 AM
fucking nice man! that's very brilliant!. interestiinnggg:bongtoke::weedbaggy:

PoppinCone
02-05-2009, 06:06 AM
Sounds okay, but to make sure, a bit of suran-wrap

YDDAD_GIB
02-21-2009, 05:24 PM
very nice thread!!

skypirate
02-21-2009, 05:47 PM
+rep for this thread. Good job, nice info.

DrugCzar
04-12-2009, 04:42 PM
good read:dance1:

TwisT
04-30-2009, 10:48 PM
hmm has anyone ever heard of using dollar bills or drier sheets?

jeff
05-06-2009, 07:25 PM
damnnn.... you have just enlighten me tenfold . many, many thanx.:rockon:

jeff
05-06-2009, 07:27 PM
aye yo ,i have done exactly that, many times,what you heard i can second that!:rockon:

plebbstar
05-07-2009, 12:52 PM
i use smell proof bags simples:weedbaggy:

k420time
05-07-2009, 01:15 PM
hmm has anyone ever heard of using dollar bills or drier sheets?

no man if you want to use something use baby diapers
80-90% of dollar bills will have drugs on them lol

VolumeHIGH
08-15-2009, 02:00 AM
one time we were pulled over. i had just placed a QP of skunk in a coffee jar, placed it back in the bag of groceys (milk, bread, mac and chese, pizzza, etc..) did the deal at agrochet store, it happen to be a K9 unit and my homies eyes were hazed w/ red colour. he wanted to use the dog i said sure. dog never smelled the weed.... my uncle who is also a cop told me dogs cant smell the drug right away some times if its in a sealed object. he said it takes about 45 min b4 the k9 can smell the weed ina coffee like jar. i well find more info and post here

VolumeHIGH
08-15-2009, 02:05 AM
also some police make there dogs do a false posative, were they say a key word or action and the dog well think his toy or treat is there and start diging like there was drugs

hit tha vape
08-27-2009, 12:25 AM
very nice, thanks for this

Get Ready
09-05-2009, 07:13 AM
lols what about smelly shoes

swizgard
09-07-2009, 01:59 PM
thanx 4 the info! the coffee thing has worked for me personally, but now that you have informed me of the "out of place smell" factor i think i might try the sand ideal!:gethigh:

Ktown4life1337
09-18-2009, 03:59 AM
very awesome info! thx!:weedbaggy:

SWEDish<x
01-12-2010, 01:52 AM
What about baked goods. Like taking a brownie on a plane can dogs smell that?

bradman818
01-12-2010, 02:00 AM
What about baked goods. Like taking a brownie on a plane can dogs smell that?

I'm pretty sure they can. Dogs have an insanly good amount of smell. Sniffer dogs can smell the residue of pot, even tiny amounts.

kronik6767
01-12-2010, 05:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke8wWOZzFRM

SWEDish<x
01-14-2010, 01:31 AM
Are you sure cus i know my friend was going to Brazil and he brought brownies and ate them on his 2nd flight but see im not sure so you could definitely be right.:weedbaggy:+:gethigh:=:dance1:

howzitmybru
01-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Can dogs smell seeds?

Yeah I need to know this. I want to bring seeds back to the U.S. from Amsterdam. I will be flying back to the U.S. from London. Is this just a horrible idea or......?

Sunny D
01-19-2010, 06:59 PM
i dont think seeds will smell if you stash them all in like different places

sanec
06-17-2010, 08:54 PM
anyone know if cellophane will work with other drugs?

Gramps
06-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the info! You still have to be ready to do the time...this fucking country puts more money into finding you with pot than helping keep veterans from going homeless on the streets. But if we all keep educating all the people around us on the truth about the plant, we'll be laughing about this article in a few years.

ManofBong420
07-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Real helpful. Cellophane comes on boxes of cigs, so I know what Ill be using for now on when i'm riding dirty. This was a badass thread. +rep

toptokes20
07-07-2010, 08:34 PM
anyone know if cellophane will work with other drugs?

well if you think about it, most other drugs are a good deal less stinky than weed..but the article said that the cellophane is a strong enough plastic where, virtually, no smell get released if you seal it right..so im gonna say yes..cellophane ftw

Povlovich
07-09-2010, 03:11 AM
I've seen the video of this I'm pretty sure. Either way, great find.

americansmoke420
07-24-2010, 04:13 AM
When im traveling I never carry more than I can fit in my mouth so i dont worry about getting caught cause it isnt illegal to smell like it:dance1: I learned this from youtube.

deew
09-21-2010, 06:44 PM
When im traveling I never carry more than I can fit in my mouth so i dont worry about getting caught cause it isnt illegal to smell like it:dance1: I learned this from youtube.
with the barry cooper thing? :P i heard it in that one

Cryptochronological
10-12-2010, 05:13 AM
I used to always know when a drug bust was going down in school due to the intercom announcing "please do not leave class for any reason" or something suspicious along those lines. I would just eat my weed secretively (never carried more than a few nick bags to school) and nonchalantly sharpen my pencil and dispose of the baggies in the garbage can that I would crumple in notebook paper. The dogs never smelled the baggies except for one time and nothing ever came of it. on the downside, it was a waste of weed. (I don't advise this type of behavior at school, but just incase, A little info for the school stoners.) :weedbaggy:

B.C Craven
04-23-2011, 11:57 AM
I was going across the boarder a couple years back with some friends, when the dog took a huge interest in the car I was in. I knew we were going to get pulled in at customs so I ate two fattys of the Kush, I pretty much was chocking on them for a minute or two because I had no water, but on the upside of things I never got caught and was the only one left with a buzz after the hour long ordeal.

Impact blueberry
04-23-2011, 03:38 PM
I was going across the boarder a couple years back with some friends, when the dog took a huge interest in the car I was in. I knew we were going to get pulled in at customs so I ate two fattys of the Kush, I pretty much was chocking on them for a minute or two because I had no water, but on the upside of things I never got caught and was the only one left with a buzz after the hour long ordeal.

wait.....your saying you ate 2 blunts? wow, I would've loved to see that....haha....

Captain Ringo
04-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Hey, found this interesting video about flying and how safe your baggage is. But this talks about TSA, so I'm not sure if it's just the US that does this because of the heightened security, or if it's all airports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMTXzQ0Vqn8

B.C Craven
04-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Lol everyone was laughing except me I was still high from the first blunt and chocked on the other two then had to go in to costumes and get grilled all triped out they were going to smell the bud on my breath. Great experience eating two blunts it does give you a body buzz, and I was high for the first two rides in cedar point.

MikeXXX420
06-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Seal, wash, seal, wash. Do not ever cross contaminate.

GingerGanja
06-20-2011, 05:06 AM
Here is the craziest thing, a device that detects everithing ADE 651 ... at least this is what the the company ATSC LTD which produce it pretend.

Spam or Info?

We'll never know...

TwistedVisions
08-18-2011, 08:52 AM
when i was in school i missed alot freshman year. so in my sophomore year i was in an alternative school and i had bud in my bag about a week before a big bust went down at my school and of course they search the alternative school first. so we all had to leave our bags and stuff in the class rooms which were trailers cause my school was cheap as fuck. and when i came back in they had gone thru my bag and alot of my shit was on the floor. and so was a bag i put weed in alot thats made for headphones. i got lucky but that just proves those damn dogs are trained good.

hitme09
02-16-2012, 03:40 PM
I like this post.....
I had someone tell me Friday at work i smelled like weed, i told him i don't smoke before work (i dont) and he said he still smelled it.... he told me too that it comes threw your pores and he said one time at the air port his brother got sniffed out, and strip searched..... lol too funny i would not be too happy!