PDA

View Full Version : Resin in my lungs?

chillbro
10-14-2008, 11:49 PM
You've seen what smoke can leave on the inside of any paraphernalia, so the question is: what's it leaving on the inside of my lungs (esophagus, throat, etc.)? If you smoke quite often, can resin eventually begin to accumulate on your insides?

brownies2233
10-14-2008, 11:50 PM
naa. wed all be dead after a few bowls lol. i think the resin only gets stuck to the glass.

Pa_kush42
10-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Yes. Havent you ever seen a picture of a smokers lung compared to a non smokers lung. Idk if cannabis is worse or less as bad but it still accumulates

Bongwater518
10-14-2008, 11:52 PM
i know weed is many many times less harmful than cigarette or tobacco but i have wondered myself. drink lots of water to help your system out.

brownies2233
10-14-2008, 11:52 PM
it does but not as fast as a bowl accumulates.

Tony Cappello
10-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Here's a good read about what we're inhaling.

A recent study by the Canadian government found cannabis smoke contained more toxic substances than tobacco smoke. The study determined that marijuana smoke contained 20 times more ammonia, and five times more hydrogen cyanide and nitrogen oxides than tobacco smoke. In spite of this, a recent large-scale study found no correlation between heavy marijuana use and lung cancer, despite noting that cannabis contains the same carcinogens as tobacco. The same study found a 20-fold increase in lung-cancer rates of smokers who consumed two or more packs of cigarettes per day. These researchers postulated that the THC present may have a "protective effect" by causing aging cells to die before they become cancerous. Other recent research suggest the cannabinoid CBD may stop certain cancers from spreading, although not in concentrations consumed during smoking. In contrast, a study published in the January 2008 edition of the journal Respirology found that "regular" cannabis smokers who developed bullous lung disease did so on average 24 years sooner than tobacco smoking counterparts. Researchers attributed this to the inhalation of a larger volume of smoke, and typically holding it for four times longer than tobacco smokers. Bullous lung disease is considered an uncommon cause of respiratory distress. In general, habitual inhalation of any kind of smoke is detrimental to lung health.

Source: Terrance and Philip

Bongwater518
10-14-2008, 11:57 PM
hmm or i could be wrong, you can always vape of make edibles if you are concerned about your lungs.

CharlieTheUnicorn
10-15-2008, 12:00 AM
its by terrence and phillip tho so ahhahah

NeverMore
10-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Just think of it this way

Cancer= More weed:dance1:

topzigzag
10-15-2008, 12:05 AM
our lungs are fit and healthy and cleaning and healing. the older you are the worse it is on your lungs

toptokes20
10-15-2008, 12:10 AM
i know weed is many many times less harmful than cigarette or tobacco but i have wondered myself. drink lots of water to help your system out.

i dont think water can help get resin out of your lungs considering water goes to the bladder not the lungs...

toptokes20
10-15-2008, 12:11 AM
Here's a good read about what we're inhaling.

A recent study by the Canadian government found cannabis smoke contained more toxic substances than tobacco smoke. The study determined that marijuana smoke contained 20 times more ammonia, and five times more hydrogen cyanide and nitrogen oxides than tobacco smoke. In spite of this, a recent large-scale study found no correlation between heavy marijuana use and lung cancer, despite noting that cannabis contains the same carcinogens as tobacco. The same study found a 20-fold increase in lung-cancer rates of smokers who consumed two or more packs of cigarettes per day. These researchers postulated that the THC present may have a "protective effect" by causing aging cells to die before they become cancerous. Other recent research suggest the cannabinoid CBD may stop certain cancers from spreading, although not in concentrations consumed during smoking. In contrast, a study published in the January 2008 edition of the journal Respirology found that "regular" cannabis smokers who developed bullous lung disease did so on average 24 years sooner than tobacco smoking counterparts. Researchers attributed this to the inhalation of a larger volume of smoke, and typically holding it for four times longer than tobacco smokers. Bullous lung disease is considered an uncommon cause of respiratory distress. In general, habitual inhalation of any kind of smoke is detrimental to lung health.

Source: Terrance and Philip

you made me read this whole piece of work for no reason...you sly sly son of a bitch! haha o well

CharlieTheUnicorn
10-15-2008, 12:12 AM
It is prob not by terrence and phillip. it sounds legit to me tho

Emo
10-15-2008, 12:15 AM
In health class they call whats left in your lungs tar, but thats when their bashing cigarettes, and i dont trust that health teacher for shit since she told weed has 20x more nicotine in it than a cigarette does.

Tony Cappello
10-15-2008, 12:23 AM
Note to all... I said Terrance and Philip because the article started out by saying the study was done by the Canadian government so those guys popped inside my head. The article is legit.

brownies2233
10-15-2008, 12:27 AM
In health class they call whats left in your lungs tar, but thats when their bashing cigarettes, and i dont trust that health teacher for shit since she told weed has 20x more nicotine in it than a cigarette does.

LMAO. next time in calss just pwn her. show her weed forums

PoppinCone
10-15-2008, 12:31 AM
So from the article you posted, what are your views, healthier or unhealthier?

Tony Cappello
10-15-2008, 12:42 AM
So from the article you posted, what are your views, healthier or unhealthier?

It just sounds like they're saying marijuana is not healthy but not as bad for you as people say it is. There's no right or wrong answer. For example some studies say coffee is bad for you while others say it has its benefits.

mexweed
10-15-2008, 12:59 AM
smoke bongs!!!!!

lol but have you ever used a sploof and looked at the dryer sheet right where you exhale into it ?...it gets all discolored from the smoke you exhale so it has to be more than that on your lungs

PoppinCone
10-15-2008, 01:41 AM
well I know it doesn't cause lung cancer, and it helps avoid cancer cells going into you

Stoke
10-15-2008, 01:44 AM
well considering I once had a spontaneous pneumothorax (was smoking a pack of newport 100s a day at the time, walked around with it for a week before going to the hospital, around a year & 8months ago now.. quit smokin cigs completely after i got out of the hospital) and nowa daily smkr when i can afford itof more 'natural herbs' :)

and frequently for some reason get bronchitis...

i still smoke. but now;;usually 99% of the time only through bongs. I find atleast its somewhat safer

i plan to invest in a vape whenever i can

edit is in bold

PoppinCone
10-15-2008, 02:18 AM
Does smoking weed cause bronchitis?

Stoke
10-15-2008, 02:20 AM
it seems to occur alot more for me since ive started smoking

PoppinCone
10-15-2008, 02:21 AM
Damn. Well a vape will help you ALOT

Blue Sky
10-15-2008, 04:28 AM
Yes. Except it's not called resin, it's called tar. Your lungs are prolly coated in it, but as TZZ pointed out, your lungs are healing right now, so it's not of huge concern. You can smoke stuff your whole life, but it prolly won't effect/kill (if cigarettes) until you are older because it accumlates faster than you can clean out, it builds up, and shuts down lung function, then your lung cells try to develop in the new enviroment, become tumorish, and the majority of the time, are cancerous, malignent, and you end up dying.

but some claim weed helps cancer, I know it helps people with cancer and on chemo eat, but i've never read anything that proves it helps with any specific type of cancer.

so I don't know.

Emo
10-15-2008, 04:38 AM
It stops lung cancer from growing, not a complete cure or anything but it helps with lung cancer, others im not to sure about though

zombiesquirrel
10-15-2008, 08:46 AM
weed can't stop lung cancer, that's for sure.

Blue Sky
10-15-2008, 10:31 AM
weed can't stop lung cancer, that's for sure.

Not much can. From my experiences with friends and family dieing of lung cancer, it's never the lungs that kill them. They never die because of the cancer in their lungs shutting them down, they die from like 5 other types of cancer which comes from the the lung cancer metastasizes into other places, cheifly, the brain, bones, colon, and bladder.

It's a sad, sad cycle.

dudebroski
10-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Of course its bad for your lungs... your smoking! Come on guys it's just common sense. Yeah your lungs are gonna clean themselves but you have to quit for like 2-3 weeks before your lungs will see any improvements. Like a week break won't do shit for them but if you take like a year or two off they'll be close to where they were before you started smoking

PoppinCone
10-15-2008, 12:40 PM
so tell me, hows this work?

Stonergasm
10-15-2008, 12:44 PM
I was stoned one day and had this exact thought and my friend told me that the stuff in weed cleans out of your lungs. Perhaps this is a question for CC tho.

ejwys
10-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Yeah dude. Whenever I'm dry I just stick a coathanger down my throat and scrape for some resin.

Doc
10-15-2008, 10:18 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content/images/2008/01/18/bodyworlds_smoker_450x350.jpg

my actual lungs and heart

zombiesquirrel
10-15-2008, 11:24 PM
Not much can. From my experiences with friends and family dieing of lung cancer, it's never the lungs that kill them. They never die because of the cancer in their lungs shutting them down, they die from like 5 other types of cancer which comes from the the lung cancer metastasizes into other places, cheifly, the brain, bones, colon, and bladder.

It's a sad, sad cycle.

you can die from lung cancer, though.

my father has it and is currently dying.

Tokestradadmus
10-15-2008, 11:36 PM
I think BlueSky is right though. Like people with lung cancer rarely live til the point were their lungs give out from the cancer. The cancer spreads to other places and that kills them.

zombiesquirrel
10-15-2008, 11:38 PM
I think BlueSky is right though. Like people with lung cancer rarely live til the point were their lungs give out from the cancer. The cancer spreads to other places and that kills them.

yeah i know, but there's always exceptions to rules, though.

Blue Sky
10-15-2008, 11:44 PM
you can die from lung cancer, though.

my father has it and is currently dying.

That's terrible dude. I really feel sorry for you. I know how tough it is dealing with a loved who has cancer, but I couldn't imagine my dad. My mom is such a fried pie that if my dad dies before she does I don't know what she is gonna do.

Much love to your father, I hope and prey he gets better, or at least hangs on in there for as long as possible.

When my papaw died from Colon cancer it was sudden, I think he had a heart attack from the chemo or because he couldn't eat a lot.

I want to go back in time and change things I said and done with him because I feel like such a worthless pile of shit when I think of how I acted in the last couple years of his life, but in my defense I was 9.

zombiesquirrel
10-15-2008, 11:48 PM
That's terrible dude. I really feel sorry for you. I know how tough it is dealing with a loved who has cancer, but I couldn't imagine my dad. My mom is such a fried pie that if my dad dies before she does I don't know what she is gonna do.

Much love to your father, I hope and prey he gets better, or at least hangs on in there for as long as possible.

When my papaw died from Colon cancer it was sudden, I think he had a heart attack from the chemo or because he couldn't eat a lot.

I want to go back in time and change things I said and done with him because I feel like such a worthless pile of shit when I think of how I acted in the last couple years of his life, but in my defense I was 9.

thanks man.

they couldn't do chemo or radiation for his lungs because the tumors were spread so far apart, and he took some pills they gave him but they made him to sick and refused to take them.

they just have him on pain medicine until he passes on.

CannabisClub
10-16-2008, 12:54 AM
alright so there's a few questions to answer. So yes obviously resin and tar end up in your lungs but your body counteracts this in several ways. THC is a muscle relaxant so your alveolis will dialate allowing for substances in the sacs to be expelled. Especially when coughed out. Your body also traps a lot of this nasty stuff in your mucus produces in your trachea which is also expelled. The mucus and cilia exist in your respiratory to clean/filter air comming into your lungs. Your body also disposes of leftovers in your alveoli slowly through the cells themselves.